Regional Sales Manager
Territory: Florida, Georgia, South Carolina
Contura Vet develops and manufactures innovative medical products in the fields of orthopedics, soft tissue augmentation and animal health using its unique, patented hydrogel technology. This position will be supporting the growth of Contura Vet’s prescription veterinary 2.5% polyacrylamide hydrogel for the treatment of osteoarthritis in horses.
Contura Vet offers a unique opportunity for the right person to join a dynamic team of passionate individuals committed to the advancement of veterinary medicine. While we are a small business, we take pride in our ability to develop strong relationships with stakeholders in the veterinary industry while helping to improve the welfare of animals in the USA and around the world. Our hydrogels are safe and effective and provide an innovative technology for the treatment of osteoarthritis in animals.
As an Contura Vet Regional Sales Manager, you are responsible for the maintenance and expansion of your assigned customer base within the Southeast region, covering Florida, Georgia and South Carolina. This includes achieving annual sales and revenue quota, driving new customer acquisition, and increasing the recurring use of Contura Vet products by the current customer base in your assigned geography.
- Regularly call on veterinary practices and Universities within a defined geography to achieve budgeted sales quota and other established goals/KPI’s.
- Maintain and nurture established accounts, develop new accounts to increase market penetration.
- Actively prospect, pursue, and close new business in assigned geography.
- Prepare and deliver presentations to veterinary and horse owner/trainer customers and prospects, in person, virtually and at meetings/conferences.
- Must be able to develop actionable plans to meet forecasted goals.
- Participate in local, regional, and national meetings and activities as required.
- Develop and maintain relationships with Distributor partners.
- Work in the field regularly with Distributor representatives in assigned geography.
Performs other Equine Territory Manager duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- BS, BA or relevant associated degree required
- Sales experience required. 2+ years in animal health sales and/or veterinary medicine experience preferred.
- Candidate must currently reside within the state of Florida.
- Willing to travel extensively throughout assigned territory and to regional and national events.
- Approximately 50% overnight travel is required. Approximately 75% field time is required. This is a field based role.
- Basic understanding of equine joint anatomy and function is required.
- Basic understanding of equine anatomy and diseases, including but not limited to osteoarthritis, lameness, metabolic disorders, etc.
- Competency delivering technical scientific information to customers and prospects.
- Demonstrates consultative selling skills vs transactional selling skills.
- Demonstrate strong selling skills and solid sales performance in the animal health industry.
- PC skills required, including knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, Word, etc.)
- Skillful negotiation and product presentation abilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in developing and executing territory business plans.
- Knowledge, understanding, and experience building and executing effective territory routing plans.
- Experience using a CRM system. Experience in managing and maintaining strong distributor relationships.
- Knowledge and understanding of selling in the Veterinary Teaching Hospital environment and developing relationships with key faculty and veterinary students.
- Strong analytical, technical, communication and presentation skills.
- Candidate must demonstrate initiative and accomplish goals with minimal supervision.
- Meet established sales goals and manage expenses to budget.
- Be solutions oriented and results driven.